The policy sets out:
- What information we collect from you
- How we keep it
- Why we collect it
- How we use it
- Your rights
What information do we collect from you?
To facilitate your interest in Kendley Ltd, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal data only when you actively enquire about our products:
- Name, place of work, position
- Contact information including email address
- Postal address
- Your interests and motives regarding the technology
- Your computer IP address
- The method in which you found our website
- Various information stored in third party cookies
The information that is processed about you is dependent on the purpose and channel of your enquiry. This includes:
- enquiries for more information about Kendley Ltd
- job applications
- information provided through our mobile applications
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.kendleysteel.co.uk this includes information you might provide at the time of registering to use certain elements of our site, subscribing to services, posting material, job applications or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- You can access and browse our website site without disclosing personal information. We collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to help us identify things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone
- The content of emails that you have sent or received
How we keep it
We really are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to secure and safeguard information we collect online. We do not collect credit card details and we do not share customer details with any 3rd parties
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Why we collect it
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes).
- To carry out our obligations associated with any contract entered into between you and us to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To improve our website
If you do not want us to use your data in these ways, please contact us.
How we will use your information
We will use the information held about you for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as may be obvious in the context of collection). Your personal data will be used by us in the following ways;
- To respond to your enquiries
- To send you information you have requested
- To improve our business and the service and/or products we provide
- To facilitate any interest in a career at Kier
- For market research purposes
We do not collect or compile personal data for release or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
We must have a legal reason to process your personal information. Your information will usually be processed to meet our legitimate interest to facilitate your interest in our business. In those few cases where your consent is required, this will be communicated to you at the point of collection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out what information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request under the Act. If we hold personal information about you we will give you a description of it, tell you why we are holding it and let you have a copy of it.
If any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect or needs updating, or if you want us to delete any personal information, please contact us. We may request that you provide further information and identification to enable us to comply with this request
Third party links on our website
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner, customers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Acceptance of our policy